This yummy pizza comes to you from a beachside restaurant in the Spanish city of Gran Tarajal on the Canary Island of Fuerteventura. Let’s be honest…EVERYTHING is better with cream cheese! I never asked for the recipe. I just developed my own and changed a few things to my taste. It is literally my most favorite pizza in the entire world! So naturally, it had to be the first of my travel-inspired recipes to share! Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pkg Pillsbury thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced into bite size pieces
- 7 oz pizza/marinara sauce
- 6 1/2 oz canned or fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz pkg of Canadian bacon, quartered
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (get the tub vs the block because it's easier to scoop)
- Set out your cream cheese about 30 min prior to making the pizza so it can soften.
- Preheat the oven to instructions on the pizza crust.
- Spread the pizza dough out onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Pre-bake crust for up to 8 minutes.
- Spread on the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, then mushrooms and Canadian bacon.
- Scoop little bite-sized pieces of cream cheese and top with as little or as much as desired. (I use a lot!)
- Bake according to pizza crust directions. Usually somewhere between 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your crust and your oven. Mine took 10 minutes.
- Optional: Before serving, try it with a drizzle of balsamic glaze!