**Trimm Travels is a travel blog owned and operated by Trimm Travels LLC.**
This policy is valid from August 1, 2016, and last edited on June 1, 2022.
Trimm Travels is a personal blog written and edited by me, Heather Trimm. For questions about this Blog, please contact me by using the Contact Page.
Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this Website are taken by me, Heather Trimm, and all rights are reserved. If in a rare occurrence, a photo not taken by me is posted on this Website, the owner of that photo will be fully credited.
Unless otherwise noted, all videos on this Website are produced and edited by me, Heather Trimm, and all rights are reserved. If in a rare occurrence a video not taken by me is embedded on this Website, the owner of that video will be fully credited.
This Blog sometimes accepts sponsored posts or advertisements, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation.
This Blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion, and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics, or posts made on this Blog. That content, advertising space, or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content in accordance with the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
I may be compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites, and various other topics through this Blog. Even though I may receive compensation for my posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this Blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
This Blog does not contain content which might present a conflict of interest.
Trimm Travels LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Trimm Travels is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us by using the Contact Page if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. Also, you may use the Privacy Tools for additional help.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
User/you – anyone who accesses the Trimm Travels website (https://trimmtravels.com, www.trimmtravels.com or just trimmtravels.com)
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Trimm Travels travel blog (https://trimmtravels.com, www.trimmtravels.com or just trimmtravels.com).
Website/Blog – Trimm Travels travel blog (https://trimmtravels.com, www.trimmtravels.com or just trimmtravels.com).
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to its purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to Information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to Access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to Rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records,
- Right to Restrict Processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to Processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to Object to Automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to Data Portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the Help of Supervisory Authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
To opt-out, access, rectify or erase your personal data please see this Website’s Privacy Tools or submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can always opt-out of future emails by following the unsubscribe links in our emails or notifying us at email@example.com to be removed from the mailing list.
Data We Gather
Information you have voluntarily provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the Website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. When you use our services or look at the contents of our Website, your activities may be logged. For example, logging of your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages viewed as well as dates/times you accessed this site. This information is used to improve your user experience. This Website may also collect information about actions you take when using this site, such as links clicked.
This Website may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by this site. This Website may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on this site.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. (We currently do not gather information in this way from any partners. Should this change in the future, we will disclose and update that information here.)
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- operate and maintain this Website
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request such as newsletters and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; notifying you of changes to any policies or services. Each email promotion will contain information on how to opt-out of any future emails.
- enhance your customer experience including but not limited to providing user support
- track and measure advertising on this Website
- fulfill an obligation under law or contract. For example, to protect and investigate unauthorized or illegal activity.
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing
- to get back in touch with you after you have first contacted us
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners)
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from the law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from the law, but not longer than 26 months.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be an appropriate safeguard for Processing
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
- WordPress: We use WordPress.org to publish this Blog and allow comments on our Website. WordPress requires visitors who want to post a comment to enter a name and email address.
- Data Collected: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
- Jetpack: In addition to the above, we use Jetpack to allow you to follow response comments after you have commented on this Website. If you opt-in to follow the comments, Jetpack stores your name, email address, site URL (if provided via the comment form), timestamp, and IP address.
- Mediavine: This service is used to manage this Website’s display advertisements. To provide personalized advertising options, Mediavine may track your IP address or location. This information is not stored on this Website.
Our Processing Partners:
From time to time, Trimm Travels may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. As stated above, these pixels may capture your IP address on behalf of the content sponsor. No personally identifiable information collected by this site is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Advertising and Partners:
We do our best to only work with third parties that will keep your Personal Data safe but can not make any guarantees in this respect. Again, you should consult the respective privacy policies of third-party advertisement partners and affiliate programs for more information on their practices and for instructions on how to opt-out of certain practices.
We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
On this website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, Trimm Travels may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows Trimm Travels to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Embedded Links to Other Websites
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
An example of embedded content on Trimm Travels includes (but is not limited to) our YouTube videos.
How We Secure Your Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable.
SSL Certificate: A service provided and installed through our web host, SiteGround. Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) is the secure version of HTTP, the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and the website you are connected to. The “S” at the end of HTTPS stands for “Secure” meaning all communication between your browser and the website are encrypted.
We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks in the following ways:
SG Site Scanner: A service provided through our web host, SiteGround, scans Trimm Travels daily for malware and other possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Akismet: This anti-spam plugin is used on the Trimm Travels website to protect against spam.
Two-Factor Identity Authentication: Trimm Travels uses this security feature where offered. Good examples of this are with our email service MailChimp and our security plugin Wordfence.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret. (Note: We currently do not require the use of accounts on our site. If this changes in the future, this information will be updated here.)
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. We do not target children with our services. If a parent or guardian believes that this Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our Website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our Website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies are used to track the use and performance of our Website and services. Examples of this include how you navigate this Website and how much time you spend doing it.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed on the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Use of this Website
Unless otherwise stated, Trimm Travels LLC owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on this Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from this Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication.
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from this Website.
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on this Website for commercial purposes.
- Modification of any content on this Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification.
- Redistribution of content of this Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to this Website is included.
From time to time, this Website will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email, or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of Trimm Travels LLC’s intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to Trimm Travels.
You must not use this Website in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to this Website or impair the availability of access to this Website. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce this Website, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use this Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction, or data harvesting on or in relation to this Website without Trimm Travels’ express written permission.
You must not use this Website to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this Website for any third-party marketing without Trimm Travels’ express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content, and all components of the Website are copyrights owned by Trimm Travels LLC or third parties and are protected by United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
Grant of Rights
You grant Trimm Travels a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute any content you contribute to this Website. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material, and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant Trimm Travels the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Content Contributed to the Website
Any content you contribute to this Website, including, but not limited to text, images, audio material, comments, video material, and audio-visual material, must not be illegal or unlawful, may not infringe on any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or Trimm Travels or a third party.
Trimm Travels reserves the right to edit or remove: (i) any material submitted to this Website; (ii) stored on Trimm Travels’ servers; or, (iii) hosted or published on this Website. Trimm Travels takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Last modified on June 30, 2020.
1. ACCURACY: Information on this Website is accurate to the best of my knowledge at the time I visited the destination, ate the food, or used the product. All advice and information on this Website are recommendations only and are to be taken at your own risk. Trimm Travels and its owner are not responsible for any changes in information that might occur after the publishing of a post.
2. NO WARRANTIES: This Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Trimm Travels makes no representations or warranties in relation to this Website or the information and materials provided therein. Trimm Travels makes no warranty or guarantee this Website will meet your requirements; will be available uninterrupted; timely and free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of this Website. Trimm Travels is not responsible to you for the loss of any content or material uploaded or transmitted through this Website. This Website is written in English and makes no warranty regarding translation or interpretation of content in any language.
3. RESPONSIBILITY: Trimm Travels is not a travel agency and is not responsible for actual travel. All travel plans and actual travel is your responsibility and done at your own risk.
4. QUESTIONS: If there are any questions about this you may contact me at heather [at] trimmtravels [dot] com.