Thank you to Fairmont Banff Springs for hosting me. As always, all opinions and recommendations are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure policy here.Last fall, I once again got the opportunity to visit one of my favorite places, Banff. This also meant I got to once again stay in a hotel that I adore, the Fairmont Banff Springs. The beauty, the history and its amazing service make this hotel a top favorite and a bucket list item for many! This is most definitely where to stay for a magical experience in Banff, Canada!
Fairmont Banff Springs
Called the “Castle in the Rockies”, the Fairmont Banff Springs looks like just that…a castle…a breathtakingly beautiful one!
The hotel opened on June 1, 1888 and was built as a hotel for the Canadian Railway. In addition, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It doesn’t matter where you look…
the hotel and its grounds are so pretty…
and immaculately maintained with beautiful flowers.
I can’t get over the view from the back of the hotel!
Wouldn’t this be the perfect spot for a wedding??
Our room was really nice with the most wonderful beds
and the upscale bathroom provided top bath essentials.
Remember that view from the back of the hotel? We got to wake up to that every morning!
How CUTE are these Twitter treats they left for us??
The chocolate covered strawberries were delicious!
I’m not surprised the treats were so yummy as the hotel’s food is fabulous! Its numerous restaurants include such variety as a breakfast buffet and afternoon tea!
Adventure Out Back
After you have afternoon tea, walk down behind the hotel to see the Bow River…
and Bow Falls!
The hotel has several amenities which adds so much to its convenience and appeal. Not only does it have a business center, shops, Kid’s Club, pool, gym and spa…
but it also has a BOWLING ALLEY!
1. If there is a certain time you are wanting to visit, be sure to make reservations in advance. The hotel can fill up at most anytime of the year due to its popularity both during the ski season and in the summer.
2. Although we didn’t have time on this trip, I have been to The Willow Stream Spa twice before and it is AMAZING! Definitely take advantage of it if you can. If you’re looking for a unique product, I love the Neroli Water they sell in the spa. It is the perfect face refresher!
3. The hotel isn’t located right in the heart of town, but it is definitely within walking distance. I actually love the walk because you get to see so much more of Banff and cross the bridge over the Bow River too!
4. A lot of tours will pick-up and drop-off at the hotel so be sure to check with your tour company.
5. Sign up for the Fairmont President’s Club. A great rewards program, there is a list of fantastic benefits including free high-speed internet access in your room!
This hotel has so much history and beauty as well as endless possibilities. I thoroughly love to come here! This is THE place to stay in Banff!
Have you been? If so, what is your favorite part of the hotel? Let me know below!
‘Til next time,
Leave a Reply - I Love Comments!
Judy Howell says
Love the Fairmont Springs as well! Beautiful pictures!